Check In and Pack Collection will be open between Friday 12 April and Sunday 14 April 2024 at the Brisbane Showgrounds.
You can collect for a friend as long as you have their confirmation message.
The Tour de Brisbane will be held from Friday 12 April to Sunday 14 April 2024.
The main event rides take place on Sunday 14 April 2024 from the Brisbane Showgrounds with an estimated start at 6.00am.
Italian for big ride, a Gran Fondo is a mass participation cycling event. First started in Europe, Gran Fondos are picking up popularity around the world as thousands of cyclists of all ages and abilities get on their bikes.
Gran Fondos feature an active and exciting event base, a scenic and often iconic course, inclusive participation, and a festival atmosphere.
The UCI stands for Union Cycliste Internationale and they are the world governing body for cycling.
The UCI Gran Fondo World Series has qualifying events around the world where the top 20% qualify for the Gran Fondo World Championships.
We are proud to be a part of the UCI Gran Fondo World Series.
There is no member organisation required. You will need to purchase additional insurance if you are not an AusCycling member.
National Road Series teams must be approved by AusCycling .
The exact start times for each event will be determined closer to the event as they depend on entry numbers. Wave start times for each distance can be found in the Rider Guides, released one week prior to the event.
Each participant receives a timing chip as part of their race pack which is to be stuck on your seatpost.
Times are calculated live and officials sign off on final results by late afternoon of the event.
The start line is located from Sideshow Alley adjacent to the Brisbane Showgrounds. The finish line is on King Street.
We recommend you leave all valuables at home however if you have a bag and personal belongings you can leave this in the bag storage area whilst you race.
Bag storage is available adjacent to Registration.
Having the event as part of the Brisbane Cycling Festival at the Brisbane Showgrounds means there will be plenty to explore and easy access to heaps of activities, cafes, and shopping.
All teams wishing to set up tents will be asked to do so in the designated areas. With the event operating in the centre of town it is important for the safety and consideration of competitors, spectators and locals that team tents are only erected in permitted areas. Call the office on 1300 282 949 if you would like more information.
Virgin Airlines are offering their Sports Baggage Allowance for all competitors.
An accommodation partner is yet to be announced.
The UCI Gran Fondo World Series and Gran Fondo are offered in one distance and all starts are organised by age groups.
The 80km* and 50km* are non-competitive recreation rides organised to get you and your mates on the pushy regardless of your pedal power abilities.
80km* and 50km* Riders can marshal and start with your mates.
110km* riders who wish to start outside their age group can opt to do so and must start in the mass start wave at the end of the Gran Fondo wave program.
Absolutely – everyone is welcome to ride!
If you do not think you can maintain the average speed requirements of the 110km*, we recommend you enter a shorter distance such as the 80km* or the 50km*.
If you are competitive, we recommend you join the 110km*.
Yes, you must be satisfied you will meet the minimum average speed criteria needed to complete your course distance within the road-closure period. There will be multiple curfew points across the course to ensure that your ride is fully supported and the event complies with issued permits.
110km* – to be calculated on final course approval. Estimated at 20km/hr minimum.
80km* – to be calculated on final course approval. Estimated at 18km/hr minimum.
50km* – to be calculated on final course approval. Estimated at 18km/hr minimum.
Community Ride – to be calculated on final course approval. Estimated at 10km/hr minimum.
More info on not meeting a curfew is available in the terms and conditions.
(1) Riders who choose to bypass Mt Coot-tha will not gain the commensurate distance elsewhere on their ride; their overall ride shall as a result be shorter than the advertised Gran Fondo distance.
(2) Riders who choose to bypass must give way to all riders who are coming off the descent on the approach to Legacy Way return. This will be signed and marshaled, and adequate lines of sight for both sets of riders prior to merge point will be created.
(3) Any rider in the 110km* who chooses the bypass will continue to have their time recorded but will not be eligible for any age group placing and will not be eligible to qualify to the Gran Fondo Championships.
(4) There will be a timing loop at the base of the climb at Simpsons Road and a loop at the summit adjacent to Channel 2 Station; a rider must cross both these loops and complete the full Gran Fondo distance to be recognised in the above placings.
(5) Riders who are behind the advertised speed minimum or curfew time will be asked to use the bypass; the roads must open at the advertised time in accordance with the road closure permit.
Wave start times for each distance will be finalised in the ten days prior to the event, after official entries have closed.
You can use road bikes, mountain bikes, city bikes, hybrid bikes, and cross bikes.
E-bikes are permitted in the 80km* and 50km*.
Recumbents are permitted in the 80km* and 50km*.
Tandem bikes are permitted in the 80km* and 50km*.
Handcyclists and bike trailers are permitted in the Family Ride.
Time Trial Bikes, and Bikes with tri or aero bars are not permitted.
*Please see your Athlete Guide for Duathlon bike rules.
*Given our curfews for this event are immovable all of the above are contingent in the rider being able to maintain the average speed of each distance.
Though we love people supporting their local clubs this is not compulsory for this event
YES. Full stop.
You are not permitted to race with any music devices including mobile phones, MP3 players, earphones etc, this is a very serious safety risk to you and the participants around you.
*National Road Series riders may ride with a team radio in accordance with NRS Regulations.
Feed Station #1 – 15.41km UQ Lakes Station
Feed Station #2 – 44.84km – Pioneer Belz Park
Feed Station #3 – 64.76km – Links Avenue North
Feed Station #4 – 96.44km – Grey Gum Picnic Area
All feed stations will have toilets onsite.
Official entries close 10 days prior to the event.
Yes. The ODM is automatically added to your entry, if you do not have an AusCycling membership.
Yes. All distances have a minimum age for participation.
110km* – Must be born in 2007 or earlier
80km* – Must be born in 2009 or earlier; e-bikes okay
50km* – Must be born in 2011 or earlier, e-bikes and recumbents okay
Age restrictions for each category are defined by the AusCycling Junior Policy.
Note: all children 12 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
All 110km* entries are organised by age group.
Your age group is determined by your age as of 31 December 2024 and grouped in five year brackets (i.e. 30-34, 35-39, etc.).
Riders in the 110km* who complete the full ride in their correct age group are eligible to qualify if they finish in the top 20% in their age group.
All times are based off gun time – it is essential that if you intend to qualify for Worlds that you start in your correct wave.
Riders who start in the incorrect wave will not be eligible to qualify.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide free event jerseys this year. A merchandise store is now live for purchasing the official event jersey.
The following policy will apply:
- Withdrawal 45 days or more out from the event you will receive an 80% refund or 100% credit.
- Withdrawal 14-44 days out from the event you will receive a 50% refund or 100% credit.
- Withdrawal 13 days or less out from the event you will receive no refund and 100% credit of your entry fee.
- Withdrawal 48 hours or less out from the event you will receive no refund or credit of your entry fee.
- Refunds or credits do not apply to items such as merchandise, accommodation, meals, travel and are only applicable to entry fees.
- To receive credit or refund, withdrawals must be made in writing to email@example.com
Read the fine print by clicking here.