Did you know one hour of medical research via The Common Good costs just $44?
The research teams at The Prince Charles Hospital can make life-changing discoveries for just $44 per hour.
They are using the time you donate to improve the lives of people with end-stage heart and lung disease who will need an organ transplant.
As a participant in the 2022 Tour de Brisbane, you are already on your way to supporting medical research.
With an expected 10,000 registered riders, if each rider raised $44 to fund just ONE hour of research, we’d smash our event goal of $200,000 to fund over 4,500 hours of organ transplant research.
The Common Good runs social enterprise cafes to cover their operating expenses, allowing 100% of funds raised in Tour de Brisbane to go straight towards supporting medical researchers working to improve the lives of those with end-stage heart and lung disease. The research teams at The Common Good have made some real progress in this area, with projects such as:
- investing in the Southern Hemisphere’s largest clinical trial of stem cell therapy post lung transplant
- advancements in heart pump technology to better support those with heart failure
- improving the quality of lungs for transplant, increasing the number of viable lungs available
- uncovering why some lungs begin to breakdown after transplant, in order to improve the success rate of the procedure
With over 1,400 Australians waiting for an organ transplant, research is time critical – for every $44 raised, another hour of research work can occur.
Looking to fundraise and not sure where to start?
Follow these top five tips to get the ball rolling:
- If you haven’t already, register to ride in the Tour de Brisbane. A fundraising page will be automatically created for you to use.
- Visit your fundraising page and complete your profile with a photo and message to potential donors.
- Make a self-donation, people are more likely to back someone who backs themselves!
- Consider forming a fundraising team – you’ll have greater reach and probably more fun raising funds with friends.
- Spread the word – download social images and copy this email template to get share your cause.
Fundraising can be as low key or big as you like – go all out with socially distanced training rides, fundraising events, raffles or chocolate boxes.
Grab your bike, rally the troops, and join us on Sunday 10 April 2022 for Brisbane’s best bike ride for transplant research!
ABOUT THE COMMON GOOD
The Common Good is an initiative of The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation; a charitable organisation funding life-changing medical research into chronic diseases that will affect 90% of us in our lifetime. Backed by social enterprise businesses including six café outlets and a catering business, allows The Common Good to finance their operating expenses ensuring donor dollars can be maximised.
In addition to organ transplant research, The Common Good is also powering research projects looking into COVID 19, dementia, heart disease and silicosis.
Find out more or make a donation to The Common Good here.